A new entry-level C-Class has arrived, taking the new C-Class family to a total of over 50 models. There are 30 saloons and estates, together with 21 coupes and cabriolets. The Mercedes-Benz C 180 d becomes now the diesel entry-level model.
The new diesel entry-level starts at 34,914.60 euros for the Saloon, while the Estate comes for 36,580.60 euros in Germany. The Coupe and Cabriolet start 40,066.95 and 46,130.35 euro, respectively.
The C-Class family includes 13 engines, offering 51 models, thus becoming the largest family in the passenger car range of Mercedes-Benz. The range also includes engines accompanied by the additional 48-volt system with a starter alternator.
In its fifth production year, the C-Class proudly stands as the most popular model series from the three-pointed star brand.
Assistance systems such as the Active Distance Assist, the Active Lane Change Assist and the Active Emergency Stop Assist, as well as the new Active Steering Assist make the C-Class safer.
The C-Class also benefits from new and improved functions.
- The DYNAMIC BODY CONTROL suspension, available for 1,071 euros including VAT, benefits from continuous adjustable damping for the front and the rear axle. There are three stages that the driver can select from, via the DYNAMIC SELECT switch: “Sport”, “Sport+” and “Comfort”.
- The MULTIBEAM LEAD headlamps, with 84 individually controlled LEDs in each headlamp, can be ordered for 934,15 euros for the Coupe and Cabriolet and for 1,963.50 Euros for the Saloon and Estate. The precise lighting system is electronically controlled to suit the respective traffic situation.
- There is also a fully-digital instrument display for 892.50 euros, that integrates a 12.3-inch instrument cluster, that can be configured in three different ways: “Classic”, “Sport” and “Progressive”.
- The COMAND Online, for 2,915.50 euros, offers fast 3D hard-disc navigation with topographical map display, photo-realistic 3D building and a 3D map rotation. The real-time traffic information is accompanied by Car-to-X warning messages, by data regarding the weather, filling stations and available parking spaces.
- The ENERGIZING comfort control for 238 euros links the mood of the driver with the ambience of the car, controlling the air conditioning system together with fragrancing, the heating and ventilation of the seats, the lighting and the music.
- There is also a new sound system available for 416.50 euros, that includes nine speakers and features an output of 225 W. It is positioned between the standardly-fit system and the Burmester surround system.