Ten suppliers were honored by Daimler for their outstanding performance in the past financial year with the 2014 Daimler Supplier Award.
450 guests took part at the seventh award presentation at the Mercedes-Benz Center in Stuttgart that took place on February 26, 2015.
Once a year, the company honors the above-average performance with the Daimler Supplier Award. The partnership between Daimler and its suppliers is based on trust and open communication. The award was presented by members of the Daimler Board of Management like Dr. Deiter Zetsche, Dr. Wolfgang Bernhard, Wilfried Porth, Dr. Klaus Zehender, Dr. Marcus Schoenenberg, Wendelin Wolbert.
“2014 was the best year in the history of our company and our suppliers have played a great part in it. With the Daimler Supplier Award we say ‘Thank you’ for excellent quality, excellent performance and excellent innovative strength – in short: for an excellent collaboration!” said Dieter Zetsche, Head of Mercedes-Benz Cars.
The “Special Award” for the development of an effective and high-quality online navigation and infotainment system for premium cars was presented by Prof. Dr. Thomas Weber. The system includes functions such as navigation, radio, communication and multimedia advices and also intuitive setting options of different vehicle functions.
The winners of the 2014 Daimler Supplier Award are:
- ALCOA Wheel & Transportation Products (category: Quality)
- Robert Bosch Car Multimedia GmbH (category: Innovation)
- Gross & Perthun GmbH & Co. KG (category: Partnership)
- Bocar Group (category: Quality)
- Shin Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd. (category: Innovation)
- Samvardhana Motherson Group (category: Partnership)
- Infosys Limited (category: Quality)
- Schuler AG (category: Innovation)
- Royal Dutch Shell plc (category: Partnership)
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation