The new Mercedes-AMG GT 4-Door Coupe is coming to the market as an Edition 1 model, for a limited period of time of 12 months only, starting next September. The Edition 1 detailing highlights the exterior and interior sporty nature of the car and brings the world of motorsport into a road-ready vehicle.
The Mercedes-AMG GT 4-Door Coupe lines up alongside the AMG two-door family members, combining the latest in sports car engineering with the comfort of family rides.
Edition 1 gets a special Aerodynamic Package that integrates a larger front splitter, an enhanced demand-optimized diffuser and a fixed rear spoiler with a mechanically adjustable blade. At 300 km/h, an additional 30 kilograms of downforce press the rear axle to glue the car onto the asphalt. The Cd value of this variant goes even lower, despite the extra downforce, turning it into a win-win combination.
The Edition 1 is exclusively available in the shape of the top-of-the-range Mercedes-AMG GT 63 S 4MATIC+ 4-Door Coupe, set in motion by the most potent version of the 4.0-liter V8 biturbo engine, capable of churning out 639 horsepower. These are figures that propel the car from a standstill to 100 km/h in 3.2 seconds, on its way to the top speed of 315 km/h.
These are the details of the Mercedes-AMG GT 63 S 4MATIC+ Edition 1:
- AMG Aerodynamic Package
- Designo graphite grey magno, diamond white brite or graphite grey metallic paintwork
- AMG sports stripes in matt graphite grey on the sides
- 21-inch AMG forged wheels in matt black and with a high-sheen finish
- AMG Performance seats with Memory Package
- Exclusive nappa leather upholstery in magma grey/black with yellow topstitching
- AMG Performance steering wheel in DINAMICA microfiber with yellow topstitching, yellow 12 o’clock marking and “Edition 1” badging, AMG shift paddles in black chrome
- Yellow seat belts
- Armrests in the doors covered in magma grey nappa leather
- Upper section of the instrument panel and door beltlines in black nappa leather with yellow topstitching
- AIR-BALANCE Package with the “AMG #63” fragrance included
- Illuminated door sill panels
- Floor matts with the “AMG” lettering and yellow topstitching
- AMG Night pAckage
- AMG Exterior Carbon-Fiber Package 2
- AMG braking system
- High-class rear seats
The Edition 1 model will make its official debut at the ADAC Zurich 24-hour Race at Nurburgring on the weekend and it will be available for order starting this summer. The first customers will receive their new high-performance car starting September.