The countdown begins today, on the 130th birthday of the automobile. It also coincides with the day the Mercedes-Benz Museum starts its all-year-long program with themed guided tours and special presentation. The museum is celebrating its 10-year anniversary as well.
January 29, 1886 was the day Karl Benz registered the patent for his gas engine-powered vehicle, the first ever automobile that set wheels on the road. 120 years later, on May 19, 2006, the Mercedes-Benz Museum opened its gates in Stuttgart. With an exhilarating architecture, a breath-taking display concept and events to match, the venue became a top sightseeing spot in Germany.
To celebrate the iconic events in the Mercedes-Benz history, the museum is offering themed tours with topics such as the Silver Arrows, the commercial vehicles, Karl Benz’s wife, Bertha Benz or the architecture of the museum. A special presentation at the Level 0, on the Classic Island, will show the first ten years of the museum.
May, 19th is the day the special E-Class exhibition starts, just two weeks before the anniversary weekend of the museum, 4-5th of June. The weekend events are running under the title “A future always needs a past”.
- Special exhibition: Safety cars (until 17 April 2016)
- Web series Museum Monday (from 25 January 2016)
- Special presentation in the atrium: SLS AMG GT 3 (until 29 February 2016)
- Special presentation: 10 years of the Mercedes-Benz Museum (from 29 January 2016)
- What’s the cow doing in the fridge? Hands-on exhibition for children (16 February to 4 March 2016)
- Mercedes-Benz social media night (23 February, 2 March, 6 April, 18 May and 8 June 2016)
- Bonhams Auction (19 March 2016)
- Long Night of Museums (2 April 2016)
- “Tricks for Kids” international animated film festival (27 April to 1 May 2016)
- Special exhibition all about the E-Class: Meisterstück-E (“MasterpiEces”) (19 May to 6 November 2016)
- Pre-work Party and anniversary programme to mark 10 years of the Mercedes-Benz Museum (19 May 2016)
- Anniversary weekend marking 10 years of the Mercedes-Benz Museum for fans and families (4/5 June 2016)
- Cars & Coffee (every Sunday from 19 June to 4 September 2016)
- Mercedes-Benz Lounge (14 June to 4 September 2016)