Boys and their toys, as they say! Those who love cars have this overpowering need to rank them according to how much horsepower they put out, and how fast they can tear it up on the track. According to Top Speed, the fastest production cars on the market include an enviable selection of beasts, notably:
- The McLaren Speedtail with a 4.0 L V8 gasoline engine and an electric motor with a top speed of 250 mph.
- The Bugatti Veyron with an 8.0 L W-16 engine, and a top speed of 253.8 mph.
- The SSC Ultimate Aero with a twin-turbo, 1983 hp and 1094 pound-feet of torque with a 6.3 the V8 engine and a top speed of 256.1 mph
- The Koenigsegg Agera R with a 5.0 L V8 engine, 1124 hp and 885 pound-feet of torque with a top speed of 260 mph.
- The Bugatti Chiron with a quad-turbo W 16 engine, 1479 hp and 1180 pound-feet of torque.
- The Bugatti Veyron Super Sport features an 8.0 L W-16 engine with 1184 hp, 1106 torque, and a top speed of 268 mph.
- The Hennessey Venom GT with a V8 engine, 7.0 L twin turbo with 1244 hp and 1155 pound-feet torque, at a top speed of 270.4 mph.
- The Koenigsegg Agera RS features a top speed of 278 mph.
- The Bugatti Chiron Super Sport 300+ features 1570 hp, in a redefined aerodynamic package that hits a top speed of 304.7 mph.
- The SSC Tuatara Supercar set a new record in the Nevada Desert when it ostensibly hit a speed of 331 mph (unverified) with a top speed of 316 mph.
Truth be told, hardly any of these cars will ever be seen on the roads since there are so few of them in production. When you got the need for speed, and supercars are out of your price range, you may want to consider a virtual ‘beast feast’ that will rev your engines in much the same way. You’re always in pole position when you play Wild Chase: Tokyo Go Game – the latest Quickspin attraction available at Casino.com. Much like its namesake suggests,
It is also a revved up super slot with between 76 – 259 paylines in play, with boosted top prize winnings of 2757X the betting stake.
Back to the Track – Cars You Will See on the Roads
You’re far more likely to see the Lamborghini Veneno with a top speed of 221 mph, the Lamborghini Sian, the Lamborghini Centenario, com or the Lamborghini Aventador SVJ Roadster tearing it up on the track. While your eyes are peeled, you may notice the Ferrari Enzo (218 mph), the Ferrari LaFerrari (217 mph), or the Ferrari GTC4 Lusso (214 mph).
Fans of regular stock cars – Ford fans may disagree – routinely cite the fastest Ford Mustang vehicles ever made, including the 2012 Mustang Boss 302 with a top speed of 157 mph, the 2016 Mustang Shelby GT 350 with a top speed of 180 mph, or the 2013 Mustang Shelby GT 500 with a top speed of 200 mph. All of them street legal.
Fans of Mercedes-Benz will love the Mercedes AMG GT Black Series. It clocked in at a top speed of 202 mph. The sporty 2014 Mercedes AMG SLS GT is a monster on the road with a 6.2 L V8 engine, 583 hp, and 479 pound-feet torque. And it hit a top speed of 197 mph. Another blisteringly fast Mercedes-Benz is the 2009 Mercedes SLR Stirling Moss. This one (just 75 were made) clocked in at 217 mph. Kind of makes you want to get out there and put your pedal to the metal, doesn’t it?