Long-time Mercedes partner and first supplier for the E-Class, Goodyear, zooms in its new generation Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 summer tire. Goodyear has a proud tradition of innovation that helps fulfilling the current and future needs of OE manufacturers and consumers across the world.
Performance is no longer reserved for luxury and high-end performance cars. Mainstream cars have irreversibly entered the game, as one of the many effects of motorization. Goodyear has taken on the challenge by delivering a new Ultra High Performance tire.
The new or upgraded key technologies can be visualized in three parts of the tire (the pattern, the compound and the construction), resulting in a reliable Ultra High Performance tire, offering the following key benefits:
- Braking distance: the Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 is equipped with the Active Braking Technology that increases the contact surface when braking, meaning shorter braking distances.
- Grip: the grip booster compound with adhesive resin ensures the tire sticks to the road.
- Steering: compared to its predecessor, the Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 has a stronger lightweight construction, which improves handling, cornering performance fuel efficiency and slows down tread wear.
Goodyear’s all-new tire’s advanced technology was recognized by independent tests, showcasing strong results and confirming our leader’s position. Firstly, the Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 scored extremely well compared to its tested competitors with the independent TÜV Süd Benchmark Test, particularly for:
- Wet braking: 2.6 meters shorter braking distance on wet roads, i.e. 9% better performance;
- Dry braking: 1.3 meters shorter braking distance on dry roads, or 4% better performance5;
- Wet handling: 4% better wet handling.
The same test results also showed a 10.9 % better rolling resistance compared to the average of the three tested competitors, which represents the second best rolling resistance performance of the tire brands tested.
Goodyear’s team of engineers worked over 36,000 hours on the development of this new summer tire. Subsequently, the Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 passed more than 5000 tests, covering a total of 330,000 kilometers.
Apart from Mercedes and its E-Class, the Goodyear Eagle F1 family is fitted by most leading car manufacturers. At the moment, the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 has already 41 sizes on the market. The tire has been available since December 2015 in 41 different sizes (ranging from 17 inches up to 20 inches) and the range will be completed by March 2016.